Trial Day - Getting Started with Daycare, Overnight, and Day-N-Train
Welcome to Best Friends Fur Ever! After you have submitted our registration form and your dog’s current vaccine history (Bordetella, Rabies and Distemper) you may set up their first day of daycare!
We offer trial days seven days a week with the exception of major holidays. Drop off for a trial day is between 6:30AM and 7:45AM Monday thru Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, trial day drop off is between 7:00AM and 7:45AM. We require all dogs scheduled for a trial day come in early to allow the new dog time to get settled in. During your dog’s first day, they will participate in a short screening process that takes place with our trained staff. Our staff will perform a series of small exercises designed to assess the new dog’s potential for aggressive behavior to determine their current level of social development. We are looking for a dog that is not aggressive when meeting a new friend, who can play well with others, and does not pose a danger to himself or to others. Once your dog has passed the trial screen, they will stay for the remainder of the day to continue the assessment in daycare. We are looking for different types of temperament in your dog (aggressiveness, shyness, anxiety, etc.) Dogs must be able to play nicely. We must also assure that your dog is placed in the proper playgroup for their size/play style and age. At the end of their screening day, you will receive a report card letting you know how your dog did in group along with a picture of your pup playing!
Be sure to check out our Facebook Page for daily pictures of new dogs attending daycare.
Playsafe Daycare Collars
All dogs and puppies visiting us for daycare or overnight stays must wear a Playsafe daycare safety collar. These collars are specifically designed with a breakaway feature in the event they became tangled or stuck on something. The purchase of your dog’s very own Playsafe collar is included with the trial day fee. The Playsafe collar will be sent home with your dog at the end of his trial day. You are responsible for bringing your Playsafe collar with your dog anytime they come in for daycare or overnight visits. Should your dog’s Playsafe collar become lost or damaged, replacement collars can be purchased. Rental collars are also available for an additional fee after your initial Playsafe collar has been paid for.
Trial Day Rules
Please keep in mind the following rules for trial days:
- Trial days are offered seven days a week with the exception of major holidays and holiday weekends. (4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years, etc.) When in doubt, call and ask.
- (We do not accept dogs for trial days on the day before, the day of, or the day after major holidays.)
- All new dogs must arrive at the facility between 6:30am and 7:45 a.m.
- All trial days must be scheduled in advance.
- We allow 6 new dogs to trial per day.
- Dogs attending their trial day will be sent home with a Playsafe daycare collar. This is their collar to keep and it must accompany the dog any time they come in for daycare or overnight.
- (An Important Note about Playsafe Collars: These special safety collars are designed to “break away” in the event they become stuck or entangled. For this reason they are unsafe to be used as a regular leash walking collar.)
- Trial days are considered a full daycare day, therefore daycare charges apply.